The 2016 Diamond Awards hosted by The Safety in Beauty Campaign and Beauty Tracker were announced at The White Party held at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London on Saturday 2nd July.
The Consulting Room team are thrilled to have won the award for Best Industry Media Portal 2016, up against competition from Aesthetic Medicine Magazine and the Journal of Aesthetic Nursing. Our Editor, Lorna Jackson was there to accept the award.
"The team behind consultingroom.com are very proud that we have received this honour from the Safety in Beauty campaign; like them, we pride ourselves on encouraging public awareness and education about cosmetic treatments and the need to seek out reputable and safe practitioners for treatment. To be honoured as an aesthetic industry participant who is dedicated to, and proactively trying to improve standards for patients is a great achievement and we're thrilled"; said Lorna.
Lorna Jackson, Editor of consultingroom.com accepts the award at The White Party
“The Consulting Room’s aim is to help educate and inform people who are seeking cosmetic treatments, as well as practitioners and clinics working in the aesthetic industry, with well researched and accurate information and advice. With over 1 million visitors to our site every year, we hope that we can play a small part in promoting quality, and steering consumers towards safer aesthetic treatments”; added Director, Ron Myers.
We’re also especially proud of our Advisor, Dr. David Eccleston from MediZen Clinics (part owned by The Consulting Room Group) who won Aesthetic Doctor of the Year 2016, with the clinic also Highly Commended. As well as other Consulting Room Advisors, Dr. Patrick Treacy who was Highly Commended for Doctor of The Year and Norman Wright, pioneer of PaPPS, who won the Best Innovation for Pioneering Service in Safety Individual Professional Award.
The lavish, all-white event was attended by Aesthetic industry folk all glammed up in their #JustWearWhite attire for the evening, alongside some celebrities including reality TV stars, actors and personalities, most notably Arlene Phillips, CBE of Strictly Come Dancing fame and fashion designer, Karen Millen, OBE. Arriving in a white limo, the paparazzi were on hand to snap the comings and goings of the evening.
The White Party, now in its second year, was created by The Safety in Beauty Organisation Founder: Antonia Mariconda for celebrating the symbolism of the colour in health, beauty and wellbeing. “Thank you to all our amazing sponsors and guests attending, the glamour and style is always a pleasure to see, and the support The Safety in Beauty Campaign continues to amass yearly is simply humbling”; said Antonia.
Fourteen categories were awarded, with both winners and highly commended honours being given:
- Nurse of The Year Award Winner - Rachel Goddard
Highly Commended: Claudia McGloin, Sue Ibrahim and Lindsey McEnroe
- Doctor of The Year Award Winner - Dr. David Eccleston
Highly Commended: Dr Patrick Treacy, Dr Tijion Esho and Dr Daniel Sister
- Surgeon of The Year Award Winner - My Breast Group (Patrick Malucci, Simon Withey, Norman Waterhouse, Peter Butler)
Highly Commended: Sabrina Shah-Desai and Nick Parkhouse
- Clinic of The Year Award Winner - EF Medispa
Highly Commended: Medizen and Air Aesthetics
- Beauty Industry Professional of The Year Award Winner - Tracy Giles
Highly Commended: Lorena Oberg and Eryca Freemantle
- Innovation for Pioneering Service in Safety Brand Award Winner - Accuvein
- Innovation for Pioneering Service in Safety Individual Professional Award Winner - Norman Wright PAPPS
- Training/Educational & Professional Development (Advanced Beauty) Award Winner - Noveau Contour by Karen Betts
- Training/Educational & Professional Development (Medical Aesthetic) Award Winner - BACN British Association of Cosmetic Nurses
Highly Commended: MATA and Society of Mesotherapy
- Best Industry Safety Campaign Award Winner - British Association of Dermatologists for The Sun Awareness Campaign
- Best Industry Media Portal Award Winner - The Consulting Room
- Best Beauty & Aesthetics Industry Show/Event Award Winner - Olympia Beauty
- Outstanding Career Achievement Award Winner - Dr. Dawn Harper
- People’s Choice Award – Most Inspirational Person Award Winner - Katie Piper
Official photographs by Joe Alvarez