The British Association of Cosmetic Nurses was established in 2010 following restructuring at The Royal College of Nursing.
It is a ‘not-for-profit' association seeking charitable status with an elected Board and Regional Group Leaders.
From a small start in 2010 to 2022 and a membership of 1000+ members, all nurses with a passion for what they do and a desire to be part of a specialist community, working together with common goals.
Key Current Functions of the BACN
- To act as an expert resource for its membership
- To provide guidance on best practices to ensure safe and ethical practice by its Nurses
- To provide Continuous Professional Development for members
- To give members access to information on all aspects of the aesthetics sector, business support, training, conferences and research
- To facilitate networking, guidance and support to members and inform and educate the public/media
- Organising the BACN Annual Conference and its infrastructure of regional meetings, lectures, workshops and exhibitions
- To work effectively with all stakeholders
- To facilitate networking
- To influence policymaking at the highest level