Eyebrow Tattooing Guide and Tips

Lorena Öberg
By Lorena Öberg

Lorena is at the forefront of the tattoo removal industry combining both non-laser and laser techniques.


New technology means that gone are the days of the block eyebrow that turns yellow after a couple of years.

Semi permanent make up has come a long way since those days. 

The semi-permanent make up nowadays looks natural. In case of eyebrows, they are drawn hair by hair and they look real to the eye.

It’s a perfect solution for Alopecia, Cancer Patients and just plain cosmetic reasons.

If you have eyebrows that are too short, the colour is matched to your hair and hair is drawn in. 

The results are so realistic that you will not be able to tell where your eyebrows stop and the tattoo begins.

So what should you look for in a Micro Pigmentation Specialist. 

The first thing to remember is that most expensive doesn’t necessarily mean BETTER. 

The people who are at the absolute top of their field doing celebrities and the sort tend to feel their time is VERY VALUABLE and not only charge a premium for it but don’t tend to spend a lot of time making sure that you’re 100% satisfied. 

The good thing about these technicians is that they use the best estate of the art equipment and in this field, good equipment is 70% of the battle, the other 30% is skill.

Pigmentation treatment specialist

The cheapest is not a good idea either. Cheap usually means poor equipment.

A good machine costs upwards of £4000.00 and with this sort of investment, it’s only natural that a technician will charge according to the layout of their investment.

Cheap rotary machines are not going to give you the precision needed and will not have the right needles for that natural look that we're trying to achieve.

So what machine should you be looking for?  Make sure it’s a fully digital machine. 

The good ones are made in Germany, not China…..so that’s a good place to start. If they are using a Chinese machine, say no thank you and move on. 

This is your face we’re talking about and we do not cut corners on our face.

Making sure you are comfortable with the pigmentation treatment

So you found a good technician with a good machine. 

What now? Make sure you’re 100% comfortable with the entire process. 

The first and the most difficult part is to draw your eyebrows on. Tattooing is the easy part. 

Make sure you have the shape you want. If you feel rushed, if you’re not 100% sure….walk out! 

There is an element that no two eyebrows are identical, not natural ones anyhow, so if we're going for the natural look, we don’t want them PERFECT, but very close to it!

After the tattooing has begun, make sure that you can look at your eyebrows and give input on what you want. 

You may want extra hair here and there, it is important that you get it! Eyebrows will fade in colour two shades so don’t worry if it’s a little darker than you would like.  You want to match the colour of your hair.

The perfect eyebrow frames your face. 

Tattooed eyebrows mean that you never have to worry about them other than the occasional plucking. 

They stay on in the swimming pool, sauna, and are so low maintenance that are perfect for the active girl.

If you want to read more, the experts at Consulting Room really know what they're talking about and have put together some Micropigmentation (Semi-permanent make-up) and Cosmetic Camouflage FAQs just for you. 

If you have more questions, you can use the Micropigmentation (Semi-permanent make-up) and Cosmetic Camouflage questions feature to talk to our panel of trained medical experts. 

If you're keen to get started with any of these treatments right away then you're in luck - those clever folks also have a list of trusted, accredited Micropigmentation (Semi-permanent make-up) and Cosmetic Camouflage clinics in your area.

Thanks to the author Lorena Öberg who is a world-renowned Skin Repair Expert, CEO and Founder of Lorena Öberg Skincare.

Based in London’s prestigious Harley Street and Surrey, Lorena offers patients specialist treatments for various skin conditions using pioneering techniques, including tattoo removal, semi-permanent make-up correction and migration.

Lorena is also a pioneer in scar and stretch mark reduction and recently launched DermaEraze®, a unique technique that has been hailed in the international press for its high success rates. Under her brand, DermaLipo® Lorena also offers a highly acclaimed advanced body contouring, non-invasive ultrasonic liposuction, ultrasound inch-loss and skin tightening treatment, with proven results.

Thanks to the author

Hey, wait!

Before you go.....

Let's stay in touch, pop your details here and we'll send our editor's hand-picked updates on your fave subjects.