Does Vaser Lipo work? The Big Reveal?
My previous two blogs on The Consulting Room shared with you my step by step process of thinking about having VASER lipo, all the way through to the day of my actual procedure, for those of you who did not catch those two blogs, here they are: A guide to choosing the right procedure and clinic to suit your needs and A guide to choosing the right procedure and clinic: Part 2 - the procedure.
VASER Lipo-contouring, also known as LipoSelection®, is an advanced body contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, VASER Lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body.
What distinguishes the VASER Lipo procedure is its ability to differentiate targeted fat from other important tissues – such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. Innovative VASER technology breaks up fat while preserving these other important tissues to promote smooth results and rapid healing.
How does it work?
First, the area to be reshaped is filled with a special saline solution that helps numb the site and shrink the blood vessels (to minimise blood loss and reduce bruising). This solution wets and fills the area to be treated, making it easier to break up fatty tissue with the VASER Lipo System’s ultrasound energy. The VASER ultrasound is a small probe that transmits sound energy to break up and emulsify fatty tissue on contact while preserving other important tissues. Finally, the liquefied fat is removed through an aspiration process designed to minimise damage to surrounding tissues.
So the big question is... did it work?
The answer is YES, and that is a BIG yes. I am now a VASER Lipo convert. I am happy that I managed to blast away years of diet and gym resistant fat and it was worth every second.
Front and side of abdomen before Treatment
Front and side profiles after VASER Lipo
If you are considering or have had VASER Lipo I hope your experience was as positive as mine, and performed by a skilled surgeon such as Mr Edgardo Schiavone who offered the procedure through Medizen Clinic, however; consider asking these questions if you are thinking about VASER Lipo.
- Am I a good candidate for the VASER Lipo procedure?
- Where do you perform the procedure, and what type of anesthesia will you use?
- How much fat can you remove?
- When will I see results, and what results are realistic in my case?
- How long is the healing process?
- How much will my procedure cost, and what are accepted forms of payment?
Also bear in mind that:
- Ideal candidates should not be overly obese.
- Firm, elastic skin will produce best results.
- Excessive smoking may compromise your results.
- During your consultation, you should be very open about your medical history and existing medical conditions. List all of the medications, vitamins and herbs you are taking (even if you don't think they're important).
- It is important to have realistic expectations about your procedure. Be honest with your physician about your goals and expectations concerning recovery time and anticipated results.
In conclusion, VASER Lipo can produce amazing results, and it’s thanks to VASER that I now actually have the flat stomach I did when I was a teen!
Antonia Mariconda also known as The Cosmedic Coach is recognised as a leading authority on health, beauty and cosmetic surgery in the UK. Quoted in publications such as Top Santé, and newspapers such as The Evening Standard, and Daily Mail, Antonia’s name and face are familiar in the w.......view full author profile
Web Address: http://www.thecosmediccoach.com Email Address: email@example.com